If a non-governmental organization releases a book on an educational topic, it means that it contains information that is not included in the school curriculum. This is happening frequently and all over the world. The appropriate ministers can then decide if they want to allow the issued book into the schools program, or not.
When writing this, I’m referring to the book „Lekcja równości” (lesson of equality) written by Kampania przeciw Homofobii (Campaign against homophobia), which received necessary recommendations from Agnieszka Kozłowska- Rajewicz, Minister for Equal Treatment. There is an argument being evoked by the Law and Justice (PiS) and United Poland (Solidarna Polska), around the issue of the way homosexuals are being treated. It shows that the parties’ only response to the issue is to sweep it under the rug or shout about it.
The European Commission recently carried out a massive study on the behaviour towards homosexuals in the European Union. After interviewing more than 90,000 people in the European Union and Croatia, 25% admitted that they had experienced physical violence, and another 25% had been verbally attacked. How much of the hostility comes from ignorance? Probably a lot.
The problem is not so much homosexuality, but the way it is treated by society.
However, to make it less sad, I have enclosed a reprint of the American press,”10 Reasons to Oppose Marriage Equality.”
1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester and air conditioning.
2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behaviour. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears’ would be destroyed.
6. The only valid marriages are those which produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.
9. Children can never succeed without both a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy or longer life spans.